Last Update 8.29.18
GroceryBit agrees with the policy of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct and the NAI Mobile Application Code.
1. Types of Information We Collect
We may collect certain types of Information, including Information that can be used to identify you, which includes name, email address and phone number (“Personal Information”), and Information that does not identify you personally. You may provide us with Personal Information when you register for an account, use the Service, post User Content, interact with other users of the Service through communication or messaging features, or send us customer service related requests.
We collect the following types of Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of GroceryBit.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of offers you might like. This includes lifestyle, preference, and interest information; location information related to your state/province, city, or zip code; the types of offers that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect and Twitter); and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender).
- Search Information, meaning the terms or keywords you search for when using the Services, both online and inside the GroceryBit mobile application.
- Shopping List Information about what items and terms you search for and place on your Shopping List when using the Services, as well as what items you check off of your Shopping List when using the Services.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with the Services, such as the offers you view and redeem, other products you purchase, and the stores you prefer; other information about how you use our Services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with GroceryBit's merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Location Information to help us deliver to you offers near locations you shop if you have activated our Services on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data. Please see the Your Choices section under the heading "mobile" for more information on the types of Personal Information that GroceryBit may collect from the Services operating on a mobile device.
- Mobile Device Identifiers such as the Android Advertising ID and the Apple iOS' IDFA.
2. How GroceryBit Collects Information
If you use a social media platform, a mobile device or other third-party method of communication to interact with GroceryBit or the Services, that platform may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Information related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you use the Services on a mobile device and your mobile device's settings allow it, we may collect Information from your mobile device. Please see the Your Choices section under the heading "mobile" for more information on the types of Information that GroceryBit may collect from the Services operating on a mobile device.
From time to time we may obtain additional Information from third parties. For example, we may collect Information from third parties to help us better understand you, and to otherwise enhance the Services.
3. How GroceryBit Uses Information
You use GroceryBit as your shopping companion, and we will use the Information we collect from and about you in many ways to help you shop. This includes using the Information in creative ways so that you may be provided with shopping-related services and for advertising and marketing to you. Our uses of Information will change over time to take advantage of the latest technology and methods to help improve our shopping-related services and the advertising and marketing you receive from us. By using the Services, you agree that we may change our shopping-related services and advertising and marketing practices at any time. If you disagree with how we provide the shopping-related services or are advertising and marketing to you, you may opt out of certain activities or stop using the Services.
For example, GroceryBit uses Information to:
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Provide users with offers for products and services from participating brands and retail clients, including offers based on variables such as stated and anticipated user interests, personal characteristics, consumption of advertisements, past shopping list placements or searches, past offer redemptions, or user location;
- Evaluate eligibility of users for certain offers, products or services;
- Provide card-linked offers;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to users;
- Track redemption of offers and past purchases;
- Perform analytics;
- Provide customer support to users;
- Fulfill requests for GroceryBit services;
- Communicate and provide additional information which may be of interest to you about GroceryBit and our merchants and business partners, such as GroceryBit news, special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Services, email messages, text messages, push notifications, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Carry out other purposes to which you consent.
We may anonymize or aggregate information and use and disclose it for any purpose.
4. When and Why GroceryBit Discloses Information
We work with various partners so they can provide shopping-related services, advertising, and marketing to you. To facilitate these activities, we may share Information about you with our partners. By using the Services, you agree that we may share Information about you for these purposes. You may be able to adjust how we share Information by changing options within the Services. If you disagree with the way we share Information about you, you may stop using the Services and ask us to delete your account.
We may also share your Information as described below:
- With our service providers that provide services for us to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in Section 3 above such as sending emails on our behalf, processing payments, administering sweepstakes and contests, fraud prevention, utilizing Invisible CAPTCHA, web hosting, and facilitating card-linked offers.
- To effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If GroceryBit is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on one or more of our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
GroceryBit may also disclose Information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated data, statistical data, and/or anonymized data.
GroceryBit will not disclose your Personal Information to a third party without your consent.
5. Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Services, we may collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Services, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Services by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you access our Services, GroceryBit and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. These cookies may include means for tracking your Transaction Information with a Merchant and may include tracking technology from third-party affiliate-network operators. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A "cookie" is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Services. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your activity with the Services with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your other interactions with the Services.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. "Session" cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases Session cookies once you exit your browser. "Persistent" cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use Persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of Information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect Information from the devices you use to access our Services, your operating system type or mobile device model, mobile device identifiers, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers and mobile devices routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Services. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect Information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Services and the website you visit after you leave our Services, if this Information is supplied to us by your browser.
We also use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how visitors interact with our website and to help improve our user experience. Google provides additional privacy options regarding cookie use described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
6. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of offers you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to GroceryBit, and you can limit the communications that GroceryBit sends to you.
You can manage your email preferences by logging into GroceryBit's mobile application and going to the Notifications section under Settings. You may also manage your email preferences by clicking "unsubscribe" on any email communication we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may be unable to access some customized features of our Services. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at and GroceryBit honors these ad tracking opt-out requests. GroceryBit honors these ad tracking opt-out requests.
Some of the features of the Service may enable GroceryBit to access and collect information about your current or past location in order to personalize the Service for you and provide other features of the Services ("Location-based Features"). In order to use Location-based Features, you must give GroceryBit permission to use your geo-location through your device. GroceryBit may access your geo-location using a variety of means, including GPS, IP address, or cell tower location. You will have the opportunity to opt-out of using Location-Based Features by going to Settings and turning off the "Nearby Store Alerts" feature. If you choose not to allow GroceryBit to use your location information or disable GroceryBit's Location-based Features on your device under settings, you will not be able to utilize certain features of the Service.
Alternatively, you may adjust the settings on your mobile device to prevent the sharing of Location Information. You may also manage how your mobile device or mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your mobile device and mobile browser settings. Please note that if you disable the sharing of Location Information, you may be unable to access some features of our Services that are designed for mobile devices.
Connecting through Social Networks
GroceryBit's SMS Programs
GroceryBit does not use any SMS programs at the time of publication of this Policy.
7. Accessing and Correcting Information
Keeping Information about your current helps ensure that we offer you the best offers available through our merchants and business partners. You may update or correct your profile Information and preferences at any time by accessing your Settings through the Service. Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all Information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, or if you would like to access or request a correction to any other Information we hold regarding you, please contact us at support@GroceryBit.com
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Information to provide you services contact us at Support@grocerybit.com In response, we will cancel or remove your Information but may retain and use copies of your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Your Information, including your Personal Information, may be retained for as long as needed to fulfill a legitimate business need or as required by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing sentence, your Information will not be used for ad delivery, ad-related reporting, or ad targeting after a period of ten years from the date such Information was collected.
8. Security of Personal Information
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach you should notify us at support@GroceryBit.com.
9. Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, children under 13 are not permitted to use the Service and we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from persons under 13 years-of-age, and no part of the Service is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years-of-age, then please do not use or access Service at any time or in any manner. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and we will delete the Information collected from or about that child from our systems.
10. Privacy Settings
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
11. International Visitors
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
12. California Privacy Rights
Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide Personal Information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer Information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer Information shared, the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer Information for the immediately prior calendar year, and descriptions of the likely types of marketing the third parties would send. To obtain this information from us, please send an email message to Support@grocerybit.com.com or mail us at the address below with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. If you are a California resident, we will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
14. Our Contact Information
15508 W. Bell Rd., Suite 101-307
Surprise, AZ 85374